Education Leader - New York
Shine Early Learning
The Educational Leader will contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Ensure full implementation of all aspects of our Early Learning methodology and system of recordkeeping, reporting, and ongoing monitoring.
- Provide teachers with training, coaching and monitoring to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following:
- CLASS™ Teacher-Child Interactions
- Learning Environments
- Child Assessment
- Meeting All Children’s Needs
- Working with Families
- Professional Growth and Collaboration
- Facilitate professional learning communities with teaching staff to support curriculum planning and implementation as well as child assessment data analysis and application of data to individualized learning plans.
- Ensure the completion of all required child screenings and assessments, including 45 and 90-day requirements for new children and quarterly progress assessments for all children.
- Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding, coaching, and training of teaching staff.
- Provide coverage for the classroom when needed.
- Assist in the collaboration and coordination within education team and across service areas and initiatives, including ensuring full parent involvement in the program.
- Serve as operational lead for the Center, ensuring compliance with all program policies and procedures and Head Start/Early Head Start, state licensing and other regulations.
- Participate in leadership activities and meetings as appropriate.
- Recognize that your job description is service area specific and that a successful employee upholds the overall employment standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and specifically, but not limited to: confidentiality, child abuse reporting, attendance and dependability, appropriate dress, customer service and support to all families, prudent use of program resources, and promoting and maintaining safe environment for all children, families and staff.
- Uphold the shared values of Shine Early Learning and the Head Start program.
- Serve as education lead for a Center; overseeing implementation of all aspects of education services; providing teachers with coaching, training and monitoring using CLASS, the Teacher Success Rubric and other teaching performance tools.
- Work with teachers to reliably implement, analyze and apply child assessment and learning outcome data; use data to implement individualized learning plans.
- Coordinate with Family Services team to ensure full parent involvement in the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education, or Master’s degree in any field related to children with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education ; Infant/Toddler education/training preferred for Early Head Start
- At least one year of managerial and/or coaching experience
- A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality educational programs
- Experience managing an infant/toddler or preschool program
- Previous experience teaching in an early childhood setting
- Knowledge of health and safety licensing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, in a number of forums
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently organize and communicate effectively with off-site supervisors
- Reliability in CLASS and ECERS-R preferred
- Ability to obtain reliability in CLASS and/or ECERS-R within first year of employment and maintain reliability thereafter.
- Background in Special Education/inclusion preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Previous experience with collaborations and community partnerships preferred
Link to job posting: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ACELERO&cws=1&rid=4557