Puget Sound Educational School District seeks two Home Visitors to provide quality home-based child development, family support and health/nutrition services and case management for pregnant women, infants, and toddlers for an Early Head Start program serving families in Pierce County. The Home Visitor provides high quality, comprehensive home-based support for the infants and toddlers and their families; provides support, training and case management to assist parents in meeting the needs of their children; enhancing parents' role as the primary influence in their child's education and development.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- AA Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development, Human Development, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Counseling, or Human Services with a focus on ECE, Child Development, Nursing, Special Education, Education, Family Support, or Social Work (Child Development Associate [CDA] and progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent to an AA Degree). **Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application. You may attach to online application, send to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 425.917.7683.
- Experience working with children age birth-5 and their families.
Preferred Qualifications (Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Experience working with infants/toddlers of low-income, refugee, immigrant families, and/or families with limited English speaking abilities;
- Previous experience in Head Start/Early Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program;
- Community outreach experience;
- Experience working with pregnant women;
- Experience providing home visits, preferably with children age birth-5.
These are full-time, year ’round positions, based in Pierce County. Salary: $46,925-$54,419/ year. Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package, including 24 days/year annual leave, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System and Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a friendly and customer-centric environment. Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Thursday, June 8, 2017. For more information to apply for this position, visit our Careers page at www.psesd.org/careers.