The Head Start/Early Head Start/Early Head Start-Child Care (HS/EHS/EHS-CC) Assistant Disabilities and Mental Health and Community Engagement Specialist will work half time assisting the Disabilities and Mental Health Specialist and half time assisting the Family and Community Engagement Specialist and will help ensure the coordination and completion of the Disabilities and Mental Health and Family and Community Engagement component areas in accordance with HS/EHS/EHS-CC performance standards and the Little Dixie CAA Disabilities and Mental Health Plans.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Possess an understanding of the needs of low-income families and an appreciation for the role of the parents as primary educators of their children.
- Must have a sincere interest in human needs and the ability to cope with problems encountered
- Must remain non-judgmental in sensitive areas involving values, attitudes, and behavior.
- Obtain required criminal record check clearance prior to hire and during employment as required. Must not have pending charges, entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, or been convicted of: any criminal activity involving violence against a person; child abuse or neglect; possession, sale or distribution of illegal drugs; sexual misconduct; or an act of gross irresponsibility or disregard for the safety of others or a pattern of criminal activity; or required to register pursuant to the Sex Offender Registration Act or any person required to register under the Mary Rippy Violent Crime Offenders Registration Act.
Please visit http://www.littledixie.org, go to employment opportunities in the lower right corner, select LDCAA Employment Application on upper left side of page, complete online application and left click submit.