The monthly Brush Up on Oral Health tip sheets provide Head Start staff with information on current practice, practical tips for Head Start staff and parents for promoting good oral health, and recipes for a healthy snack.
Read the latest Brush Up on Oral Health tip sheet, or browse the topics below.
Learn about the important role sugar plays in developing tooth decay. Discover how to find hidden sugars in food and ways parents can limit children’s sugar intake. Find a recipe for a healthy snack to be made in the Head Start classroom or at home.
- Babies and Pacifier Use
- Child Abuse | Spanish (español)
- Child Maltreatment
- Choosing Healthy Drinks
- First Aid for Oral Injuries
- Oral Health, Overall Health, and Learning
- Oral Health and School Readiness
- Preventing Oral Injuries
- Primary (Baby) Teeth
- Risky Business: Tooth Decay and Children
- Weaning a Child from a Bottle
- Case Management in Head Start
- Dental Home
- Emergency Preparedness and Oral Health
- Fear of Dental Visits
- Finding Oral Health Care
- Follow-Up Oral Health Care
- Head Start and Oral Health Providers
- Medicaid and CHIP
- Oral Health in Rural Areas
- Talking to Children About Dental Visits
- What Is the Dental Hygienist Liaison Program?
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Early Childhood Health and Wellness
Last Updated: August 2, 2018