6 apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Put the apples in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Stir the apples.
- Uncover and microwave until the apples are very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Crush the apples with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the cinnamon and stir into the apple mixture.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should peel and slice ingredients and supervise use of the microwave.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023