4 plantains with yellow skin and black spots
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the ends off each plantain and peel.
- Cut each plantain into ½-inch slices.
- Place the plantain slices in a single layer on the cookie sheet and top with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, turning at least once, until the plantains are golden brown and tender.
Makes 8 servings
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the oven.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023