4 small sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
1½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
1½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cut each sweet potato into sticks that are 1 inch wide.
- Mix the oil, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl.
- Place the sweet potato sticks on a cookie sheet and brush with the oil mixture.
- Bake the sweet potato sticks for 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown and tender.
Makes 6 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the oven.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023