1 small whole wheat tortilla
Canola or vegetable oil (just enough to lightly brush on tortilla)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Soften the tortilla in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Fold the tortilla into fourths. Use clean scissors to cut shapes in the tortilla, the same way you would cut a paper snowflake.
- Unfold the tortilla and place on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush the oil on the top of the snowflake and sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until the coconut turns golden brown.
Makes 1 serving
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the microwave and oven.
Resource Type: Article
Last Updated: February 16, 2021