¼ cup lemon juice
1 quart water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Core apple
- Mix lemon juice and water.
- Slice apples thinly (¼ inch thick).
- Dip apple slices into lemon juice and water mixture to prevent slices from turning brown.
- Remove slices from water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle slices with ground cinnamon.
- Arrange slices on wire baking sheet or cooling rack and put in oven. Or put slices directly on clean oven racks.
- Set oven at lowest temperature, about 150˚F, and prop door open to allow air to circulate and moisture to escape oven.
- Bake 5 to 8 hours until slices feel dry and leathery.
Makes 28 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the oven.
Resource Type: Article
Last Updated: February 16, 2021