16-ounce can refried beans
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
1 cup shredded low-fat cheese (such as cheddar, Colby, or Monterey Jack), divided in half
- Place the refried beans and cream cheese in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir the mixture; then cover and microwave on high for another 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of cheese to the mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the bean dip and serve with corn chips or fresh vegetables.
Makes 12 to 15 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns, an adult should supervise use of the microwave.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023