1 small watermelon
1 pound low-fat white cheese such as provolone, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack
1 quart blueberries
- Cut watermelon into bite-size pieces.
- Cut the cheese into small squares.
- Place a small square bowl at the top left-hand corner of a rectangular plate or tray.
- Arrange the watermelon and cheese pieces in alternating rows to form the stripes of a flag.
- Put the blueberries in the bowl to form the stars of the flag.
Makes 24 servings
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should slice ingredients.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023