1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pits, and scoop the avocado out of each half.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, tomato, and lime juice.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for ½ hour before serving with baked pita or tortilla chips.
Makes 12 to 15 servings
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should slice ingredients.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023