¼ yellow bell pepper
4 ounces low-fat cheese (such as mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, or Monterey Jack)
- Cut ½ of the cucumber crosswise into three 1-inch sections.
- Stand the cucumber sections up, and cut each section in half to make the top of the hat.
- Cut the other ½ cucumber into thin strips that are a little longer than the cucumber sections to make the brim of the hat.
- Cut the pepper into 6 small squares.
- Cut the cheese into 6 thin strips.
- Take one cucumber section, one strip of cheese, one cucumber strip, and one pepper square to form a hat.
Makes 6 servings
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should slice ingredients.
Last Updated: February 16, 2021