1 8-ounce roll or can of crescent dinner rolls
10 all-beef or turkey hot dogs
Mustard or ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Unroll the dough and separate at the perforations, or cut into 4 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces.
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog, stretching the dough slightly to completely cover the hot dog.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on an ungreased cooking sheet, and spray the dough lightly with cooking spray.
- At about ½ inch from one end of each hot dog, separate the dough so that the hot dog shows through for the face.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until the dough is light golden brown and the hot dogs are hot.
- Using mustard or ketchup, add eyes to the mummy.
Makes 10 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the oven.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023