1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
¾ cup salsa
8 taco shells
8 lettuce leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
- Mix the pinto beans and ½ cup of the salsa in a microwave- safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixed beans and salsa on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon the bean mixture into the taco shells.
- Top the bean mixture with the lettuce and cheddar cheese.
- Serve with the remaining salsa.
Makes 8 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns, an adult should supervise use of the microwave.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023