15-ounce cans drained chick peas (garbanzo beans)
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1½ tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon paprika
cups low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt
Vegetable sticks or whole wheat crackers
- Cut the cucumber in half, slice lengthwise, and peel to make stripes.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cucumber, in a blender or food processer and blend until smooth.
- Add more olive oil if the mixture is thick.
- Put the hummus on a plate or in a shallow bowl and use the back of a spoon to form a pumpkin shape.
- Add the cucumber to make pumpkin stem.
- Serve with the vegetable sticks or whole wheat crackers.
Makes 8 servings
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should supervise use of the blender or food processor.
Last Updated: February 16, 2021