1 slice whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese
6 pretzel sticks
black beans or 1 blueberry
- Cut two rounds from the bread slice using a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or drinking glass.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter or cream cheese on the bread rounds.
- Press 6 pretzel sticks in the center of the peanut butter – or cream cheese – coated round to form the legs of the spider.
- Cover the bread round with the second bread round.
- Cut the beans or blueberry into 2 pieces.
- Press 2 black beans or blueberry halves into the top of the bread to make the spider’s eyes.
Makes 1 serving
Safety tip: To prevent injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of cookie cutters or biscuit cutters.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: April 26, 2023