4 slices whole wheat bread
1 to 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 small tomato
8 slices low-fat cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, Colby, or Colby-Jack
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Layer tomato and avocado slices on bread.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- Cut avocado into thin slices.
- Place cheese over tomato and avocado slices.
- Broil bread on high for 2 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool, and cut bread into quarters.
Makes 16 servings
Safety tip: To prevent burns and other injuries, an adult should slice ingredients and supervise use of the oven.
Resource Type: Article
Last Updated: February 16, 2021