Data in Head Start and Early Head Start Series Home Page
Data in Head Start and Early Head Start is a series of interactive online learning modules that include a mixture of practical scenarios, real-life examples from the field, and tools and templates. The modules are designed to assist in planning for and implementing effective data use.
To get started, watch this video montage of Head Start and Early Head Start leaders. In it, they share their excitement about how they created a culture that embraces the use of data to inform decision making in their programs.
Data in Head Start and Early Head Start Program Interviews
The goals of the interactive learning modules are to strengthen leaders’ capabilities to:
- Understand how the data collected in your Head Start or Early Head Start program fit into the annual planning cycle
- Help everyone in the program—from bus drivers and cooks to Policy Council and governing body members—become enthusiastic about using data
- Use your program’s data to decide on new priorities
- Share data appropriately with different audiences and show how each audience can use the information
- Celebrate the good news that data shows and learn from the bad news so you can improve your program
Each of the 15-20 minute activities in the modules includes a mixture of practical scenarios, real-life examples from the field, and tools and templates. All assist in planning for and implementing effective data use. Head Start and Early Head Start leaders can work individually through the module activities at their own pace. They also may review and discuss sections during meetings and training events.
Next, work through the activities in the Interactive Learning Modules.
This interactive module is designed to help Head Start and Early Head Start programs create an organizational culture that embraces the use of data to drive decisions.
Digging into Data uses life-like scenarios that Head Start and Early Head Start leaders typically face to build program leaders’ data use skills to address these and other situations.
This product was prepared under Grant #90HC0006 for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Head Start, by the National Center on Program Management and Fiscal Operations.
Last Updated: March 31, 2020