Learning for New Leaders
This Head Start A to Z session offers leaders the opportunity to become familiar with the underlying tenets of Head Start. It affirms the solid foundation on which Head Start was built. During this session, leaders are asked to reflect on the programs for which they provide leadership. Consider the extent to which the core values of Head Start are evidenced in the daily operations.
To get started, use the tab to open the "Session Description" below. It provides an outline of the entire session, detailed presenter notes, and suggestions for using the materials in the "Activities and Handouts" tab and the videos.
- Foundation Part I: Values, Regulations, and Decision-making Note: This resource is under review.
Activities and Handouts
- Family Engagement as Parent Involvement 2.0: Understanding the Difference in Terms and Concepts
- Head Start Core Values
- Using Head Start Regulations to Guide Decision-making: Scenarios Note: This resource is under review.
- Answers – Using Head Start Regulations to Guide Decision-making: Scenarios
- Key Messages for New Leaders
- Nifty Notes
- School Readiness Goals: Five Essential Domains for Children Birth to Five
- Which Part Is It? (No Answers)
- Which Part Is It? (Cards)
Head Start: A Nation's Pride
How Head Start Has Changed
Last Updated: December 28, 2017