Leadership in today’s world requires an understanding of the difference between technical and adaptive challenges and opportunities. It also requires awareness of the best possible collaborative approaches for addressing them.
This Management Matters presentation and the materials that accompany it are designed to help directors, governing body and Policy Council members, managers, and staff members:
- Learn how to distinguish between technical and adaptive challenges and which kinds of approaches and solutions are most effective for each
- Identify what you are, and are not, responsible for as a leader in times of change and innovation
- Gain an understanding of how to create the context and opportunity for learning and growth in your organization and community
Supporting Materials for Understanding the Adaptive Challenge and the Role of Leadership in Times of Change and Innovation:
- Print the presentation slides and use them to make notes while you view the video.
- After watching the video, use the Technical and Adaptive Solutions with your team to identify challenges, possible technical and adaptive solutions, and reset ideas.
- Use the Reset Framework handout both individually and with your team to reflect upon the shifts needed in order to take advantage of an opportunity or overcome a challenge.