The Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) service is Medicaid's comprehensive and preventive child health program for individuals under the age of 21. EPSDT has two purposes: to assure health care resources are available and accessible, and to help Medicaid recipients and their caregivers use these resources. Health care professionals who work with children in Head Start, child care organizations, and clinics may access their state's EPSDT schedule to ensure children's health needs are met.
*AAP: This state has adopted the Bright Futures/American Academy of Pediatrics Recommendations for Preventive Pediatric Health Care.
- Alabama *AAP; Alabama Dental Periodicity Schedule
- Florida *AAP
- Georgia *AAP
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- California *AAP CA Dental Periodicity Schedule
- Hawaii *AAP
- Outer Pacific Islands *AAP
- Alaska *AAP
- Idaho *AAP; Additional information is available.
- Oregon; Oregon Dental. (Oregon has a CMS Waiver, Section 115, known as the Oregon Health Plan.)
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Early Childhood Health and Wellness
Last Updated: June 1, 2018