The Little Voices for Healthy Choices (LVHC) is a national initiative for Early Head Start (EHS) and Migrant and Seasonal Head Start (MSHS) programs. It was developed to promote wellness in infants, toddlers, and expectant families. The initiative includes training and resources with strategies designed to address healthy nutrition, physical activity, brain development, and sleep for children birth to 3, their families, and communities. EHS and MSHS staff and parents are encouraged to view the resources below to learn more about what LVHC has to offer. Check back in the coming months for more resources to use in your daily work.
- Building a Dynamic Brain: The Influences of Music, Movement, and Nutrition
- Beyond Bottles and Baby Food: Setting the Nutritional Foundation for Lifelong Wellness
- Nurturing Bodies and Minds from Birth to Three
- What's Sleep Got to Do with It? Exploring Sleep and Wellness for Infants and Toddlers
- Caring Connections Podcast Series
- Report to Congress on Head Start Efforts to Prevent and Reduce Obesity in Children