- Describe the setting in which the teacher-infant interaction takes place (e.g., routine taking place, toys and equipment, how space is arranged). Where is the infant? Where is the teacher? How does the teacher respond to the infant's crying? What does she offer and what does she say to the child? Is her offer accepted by the infant? What happens next? How does the infant respond when offered another item? How does the teacher express what she thinks the child is feeling?
- Which teaching practices does the teacher use to support the infant's emotional and behavioral regulation? Check the "Know" and "Do" sections for
- What do you think this teacher knows about the infant that led to her choice of teaching practices?
- What words and actions did the teacher use to help the infant manage her feelings and emotions? How did the infant respond? What did the infant do after being offered the washcloth and then the toothbrush?
- How did the teacher use the daily routine to provide support and help the infant calm herself (or regulate her emotions)?
- What might this teacher do in the future to help this child learn to calm herself?