- Describe the physical setting for this home visit. Who is taking part in the visit? Where are they seated? How does the home visitor greet the boy? How does he respond? What do the adults discuss as they review the previous visit and the child’s activities since the visit? How does the home visitor introduce the book she has brought to the visit? Who does she talk with? What question does the mother ask the boy? How does he respond? What does the mother say next?
- Which teaching practices do the mother and home visitor use during the video? Check the “Know” and “Do” sections for ideas. How do these practices support the child’s learning about geometric shapes?
- How does the mother respond to her son when he gives an incorrect answer to her question about triangles?
- How do the goals for this home visit build on the activity the child did during the previous visit and between visits?
- What might the home visitor, mother, and the other adult plan for the next visit to continue to support this child’s learning and development of geometry and spatial sense skills?