- Describe the physical environment where the video takes place. What are the teacher and children doing? What props are they using? How do the children follow the teacher’s lead? How do they make up their own movements? What does the teacher invite the boy to do? How does he respond?
- Which teaching practices does the teacher use to engage the children in imitating what they see and hear her doing? Check the “Know” and “Do” sections for ideas.
- How do the children imitate what the teacher does but also invent their own way to pretend to be swimming underwater?
- What might the teacher do to give the children some context for this experience, such as explaining why people wear goggles to swim underwater?
- How else could the teacher encourage children’s imitations and imaginative play? What props could she provide to support the children’s play?