- Describe the physical setting in which the activity is taking place (e.g., how space is arranged, toys and materials available). Who is involved? What is the teacher doing and what is the boy doing? What materials is the child using? What does the teacher do to help the child complete the project with accuracy? What do the teacher and child do and say after he completes his project?
- Which teaching practices did the teacher use to support the child? Check the “Know” and “Do” sections for ideas. What success did he have with her support? What might he be able to do on his own?
- How do the materials and other resources in the environment support this child’s print and alphabet knowledge?
- What else might the teacher plan to document and build on the child’s accomplishment? How might she share this example of his work and learning with his family?
- What do you think this boy learned from the experience—about himself and his abilities and about print and alphabet knowledge?