- Describe the physical setting for this video segment. Where is the teacher? Where are the children? What is on the table? What are the children and teacher doing with the different objects? What scientific concept are the children learning about? What does the child in pink say that confirms her understanding? How does the teacher respond?
- Which teaching practices does the teacher use in this experience? Check the “Know” and “Do” sections for ideas. How does the documentation chart help children understand that magnets attract some items and repel others?
- What vocabulary words does the teacher introduce to the children? How do the children demonstrate their understanding of the words?
- What might the next step be for this teacher and children in learning about magnets and the properties of different items and materials?
- What else could this teacher do to help the children observe and describe phenomena? What materials, experiences, activities, and interactions would support their scientific inquiry?