Last Updated: October 10, 2017
Head Start Stories
– Head Start program, Moreauville, LA
ACDS, Inc. recognizes that culture isn't just a list of holidays or shared recipes, religious traditions, or language; it is a lived experience unique to each individual.
– Head Start program, Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Educare, as a grantee, seeks to respectfully integrate our local culture into our schools, and each of our schools seeks to integrate their respective neighborhood culture into the program.
– Head Start teacher, Hollywood, FL
I wanted to take time to celebrate these wonderful families and to show that Head Start impacts children and their families for a lifetime.
– transportation coordinator and family service worker, Kingsford, MI
With encouragement and support from the teachers, I went to school and became a Head Start teacher.
– former Head Start student, Austin, TX
Head Start was my foundation for who I have become and for all that I will be. For that, I am truly grateful.