Dr. Marilyn Bull, pediatrician and national expert on child passenger safety, discusses how to keep children safe in motor vehicles. Learn how your program can use the car seat flip charts to help families:
- Protect themselves and the children in their vehicle
- Choose the right seat for children in all age groups
- Find resources to help them correctly install a car seat in their vehicle
- Car seats and booster seats. Read the safety facts and find additional tips on car seats and booster seats.
- Car seat registration and recall notices. Learn how to register your car seat and sign up for recall notices to receive safety updates.
CPST.Find a local CPSTto inspect children’s car seats and help families make sure they know how to install and use their seat correctly.
- Child safety. Explore prevention tips to avoid roll-away, back-over, heatstroke, and other dangers. Review Keeping Kids Safe: A Parent’s Guide to Protecting Children In and Around Cars [PDF, 2.3MB].
- Be a good role model. Always buckle up. Review these tips on seat belt safety for adults to learn the most effective ways to protect drivers and the passengers in their vehicle.
- Passenger safety for pregnant women. Share this printable flyer [PDF, 485KB] with families to ensure pregnant women know how to protect themselves and their baby in a motor vehicle.