Head Start and Early Head Start family services managers and coordinators can watch these 2020 Virtual Family Services Institute sessions to enhance their capacity to lead parent, family, and community engagement (PFCE) in their programs. The Institute provides the opportunity to learn and develop plans for implementing strategies. The National Center on Parent, Family, and Community Engagement designed this professional development event.
Topics for the Institute include:
- Enhancing leadership skills and strengthening connections among families, program staff, and community partners
- Discovering ways to use the PFCE Framework as a pathway for change
- Strengthening supervisory, mentoring, and coaching practices to build staff capacity
- Supporting staff in building positive, goal-oriented relationships and engaging in goal setting with families
- Exploring ways to use practical tools and PFCE resources to support programs' implementation of family and community engagement
- Building a community of practice and networking with peers from across the country
Explore learning sessions for all audiences, plus two unique tracks to support your family engagement services professional journey. Review the learning track criteria below to determine which one best meets your professional development needs.
Watch these sessions to enhance your knowledge about the impact of engagement on children’s, families’ and program staff’s well-being. Learn about goal setting and mental models.
Choose this track if you have been in your family engagement services role for less than five years.
Choose this track if you have been in your family engagement services role for five years or more.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Parent, Family and Community Engagement
Last Updated: January 19, 2022